Hario V60 Brewing
HOW TO BREW WITH HARIO V60
Brews 2 cups in 3-4 minutes
INGREDIENTS AND TOOLS
30 grams coffee
- 4 tbsp whole bean coffee -
500 grams water
- 17 oz water -
Hario V60 brewer
Decanter or carafe
- Hario size 02 filter -
Stopwatch or timer
- Gooseneck style is ideal for easiest control -
1. Heat water to 205F (96C). Let your kettle sit for a minute or two off the heat to get here.
2. Grind coffee to a medium-fine grind. The grounds shoudl appear about the same size as table salt.
3. Wet filter after placing inside the brewer and discard rinse water.
4. Add ground coffee to brewer.
5. Pour 50 grams of water over the coffee while saturating the entire bed of grounds. Allow coffee to bloom for 30 seconds.
6. Pulse water into brewer in 75 gram bursts every 20 seconds. The brew should finish draining by 3 minutes and 30 seconds.